Given the high prevalence of ADHD in the community, strategies and interventions designed to assist those with inattention and hyperactivity difficulties has never been more warranted. Unfortunately, ADHD is often greatly misunderstood leading to problems with parenting and teaching that can result in ongoing behavioral and emotional struggles.
The ADHD Kit (Part 1) aims to assist psychologists, counsellors and other mental health professionals to teach parents and teachers alike the underlying causes of ADHD. Having a solid grasp of exactly what ADHD is (and what it is not) lays the foundations for effective management of this condition.
Part 1 offers colorful, vibrant, visual prompts that guide the client (step by step) with a comprehensive overview of the theoretical background necessary to understand what ADHD is and why their children may be responding and behaving in the way they are. More specifically Part 1 details (21 visual cards):
- What is ADHD
- The different types of ADHD
- What causes ADHD
- How one’s brain operates (with ADHD)
- Common difficulties seen in children (and adults) with ADHD
- What ADHD IS NOT
- Other Co-morbid conditions and outcomes to be mindful of
- ADHD strengths
Part 2 offers colorful, vibrant, visual prompts that guide the client (step by step) with specific strategies proven effective in the management of ADHD. Adding to the material introduced in Part 1, Part 2 provides interventions designed to target and address the inherent deficits understood to underly ADHD. More specifically Part 2 details (20 visual cards plus a detailed instruction booklet):
- How is ADHD managed
- What are the principles underlying treatment?
- What is most effective and why
- Common errors when managing children (and adults) with ADHD
- Common parenting pitfalls
- Common teaching pitfalls
- Managing co-morbid Oppositional Defiant Behavior, anxiety and/or depression
- How to design strategies for home and school
In addition, Part 2 contains 50 full-color A4 visual charts and over 1450 brightly colored stickers for use at home and at school. More specifically:
- Full color easy-to-use instruction manual
- 25 x Stop, Think, Do Poster/Handouts
- 25 x colorful Reward Charts
- 38 (types) x 12 colorful visual symbols for interventions
- 1000 x smiley face reward stickers
This interactive, step-by-step resource is designed to be shared with clients in a fun yet professional way. Invoke important conversations and help your clients understand their child from the inside out. Change how ADHD is perceived and set the stage for effective interventions that will be appreciated and implemented with confidence. Great for home, school or any place in which you want to execute behavioral management of ADHD symptoms.
Kids (and parents) LOVE our products!