Do you have a child who has been diagnosed on the autistic spectrum or do you work with children who have an autism diagnosis? This card deck is designed to teach advanced social skills and help children understand social situations.
The Social Skills Cue Cards are a colourful, fun, vibrant way of teaching common social rules and conventions that children face on a daily basis. In addition, professionals find this card deck especially useful when assessing a child's level of social understanding or assisting to develop sound social skill.
Included in this card deck are illustrated cards that aim to teach advanced social skill. The cards are suitable for use within a therapeutic or school setting or at home with parents. The cards focus on (21 A5 Cue Cards):
Understanding Others (Theory of Mind)
- Understanding others feelings
- Thinking from another's perspective
Concepts of Central Coherence
- Taking into account different details, new information
- Understanding when we are 'stuck'
- Regulating Mood
- And other special tips
- What is being a 'tattle-tale' versus following the rules
- Was it on purpose or an accident
- Dealing with sarcasm and embarrassment
- No means no
- Talking to adults versus friends
- Touching others
An invaluable tool for professionals and parents alike!! Check out our other Social Skill card decks including Making Friends (Part 1) and Keeping Friends (Part 2). Get 20% off when purchased as a combo pack.